There’s a story behind every product. Our Story explores the remarkable people, ideas, and products that have shaped Inphonex into one of the most innovative telecommunications companies in the world.
Inphonex Group Company
Elevating Telecom Expectations Everywhere
Challenges are Interesting
Overcoming them is Success
We are Building a Better Kind of Cloud Phone Service
A phone service where our dedicated professionals combine telephony with smart software and word-class support.
We deliver a practical and simple communication solution for today’s competitive and fast moving business environment. Our cloud based phone system is focused on helping businesses succeed by utilizing the most powerful, reliable and flexible telecom platform in the industry.
The philosophy behind our service is enabling you, our client, to build better relationships with your clients. This is done by providing you with real time data on all your telephony activities, missed calls, client notes, caller intelligence, conferencing, faxing and a myriad of other features from any device anywhere there’s internet access.
The underlying corporate culture at Inphonex is based on the principles of transparency, placing trust in others and taking responsibility for one’s own actions.
Kooi is a technologist with a flair for art that has built three outstanding technology based businesses in computers, Internet services and telephony. Originally from Malaysia, Kooi completed his formal studies in Canada and the United States. He holds a B.Sc. in Finance and M.B.A from Southern Illinois University.
Bill was the founder and architect for Hiway Technologies, a hugely profitable web hosting company that was sold to NTT Verio. He delights in creating platforms that perform at scale and work seamlessly around the globe.
Silvano Girardi Jr.
Silvano has 15+ years developing and coordinating development of systems and software platforms. He is a young talent from Brazil and has a US equivalent of a B.Sc. in Computer Information Systems.
Felipe Godoy joined RingByName in 2012 bringing with him nearly 20 years of multidisciplinary experience in the telecommunications, project management, and business operations fields. Prior to joining RingByName, he served as the Director of Security for Hotwire Communications, as an IT Industry Analyst for Marsh & McClellan, and Coopers & Lybrand. His experience and leadership have been focused on developing and delivering technology-driven business services and solutions, providing outstanding client service, and driving profitable revenue growth. Felipe is responsible for all aspects of customer experience, retention, and growth.
Stephanie has over 5 years of customer care experience. She started her career working for AT&T in the highly competitive South Florida Market. She is currently pursuing graduate degrees in International Business Management at Florida International University.
WHERE WE STARTED
Before creating INPHONEX Group our founders, Bill Nesbitt and Kooi Lim, built highly-successful start-ups. INPHONEX Group brings these two entrepreneurs together to capitalize on the opportunity to spread the revolution of VoIP communications technology.
- Hiway Technologies, founded by Bill Nesbitt, was acquired by Verio in 1998 for $400 million.
- Superclone, founded by Kooi Lim, sold more than $150 million in computers and computer components from 1988 to 2004.
- KCL.net, founded by Kooi Lim in 1996, is an ISP that provides hosting, collocation, and broadband services to businesses and consumers.
WHERE WE WERE
A timeline of InPhonex Group Corporate milestones from 2003-2017.
INPHONEX founded to capitalize on the opportunity to provide private label services to the emerging hosted applications marketplace – especially hosted telephony services. Achieved positive cash flow later that year. The company has maintained positive cash flow for 22 successive quarters.
Pioneered the first turn-key private-label VoIP resale solution
- Delivered an advanced control panel to users
- Offered customers and resellers a ground-breaking USB flash phone
- Won “Best In Show” at the Internet Telephony Conference and Expo-Miami
- Launched a low-cost IP-PBX
- Delivered complete APIs to resellers.
- Named an “Emerging Tech Dynamo” by CRN
- Launched Create-A-Plan, the most powerful VoIP reseller tool ever devised
- Provided users customizable dial plans
- Named one of six “Emerging Vendors” by ChannelWeb
- Developed Enterprise Communications Platform (ECP)
- Developed INPHONEX Multi-Service Platform (IMP)
- VarPhonex Partner Solutions formed to fully realize the founders’ original inspiration
- Product Partnership with Ringio
- Complete telecom Paas API released
- Revenue from business customers exceeds consumers for the first time
- RinByName Cloud PBX Launched
- Business customer revenue gains 20% month-over-month
- RingByName Android app launched
- RingByName iOS app launched
- RingByName gets E-Fax
- RingByName habla Español/fala Português
- Google Contact Sync added to RingByName
- Call Conferencing Integrated into RingByName
- Call Presence extension added to RingByName
- RingByName/V-Tech partnership announced
- Click-to-Call extension added to Chrome
- Amazon/Alexa Support added to RingByName
- Microsoft office 365 plug-in released
- E-Z Score Feature Added to RingByName
- SMS added to All RingByName Company Numbers
- Salesforce plug-in released
FROM THE PRESS
Recent InPhonex Group company articles that have been featured in the News and in Digital media.
InPhonex offers Local Number Portability (LNP) and Vonage Trade-In Program
Subscribers can now keep their existing phone number and receive “trade-in” credit for their existing VoIP Device Miami – InPhonex, a leading supplier of internet telephony solutions, today announced that…Read More
InPhonex Introduces Unlimited Calling to the United Kingdom and Incoming InPhonex Direct Numbers with London prefix 44
Miami, FL — InPhonex , The World’s Internet Phone Company today introduced Unlimited Calling to the United Kingdom and incoming numbers with London prefix 44 for $24.95 per month. InPhonex…Read More
InPhonex Expands Device Options for Consumers in the USA and Canada InPhonex Internet telephone service now available for use with Linksys Voice over IP (VoIP) devices.
Miami, FL, – InPhonex, the World’s Internet phone company, today announced a relationship that will redefine the way consumers and small businesses communicate. InPhonex will now be offering its Internet…Read More
InPhonex launches New User Control Panel with 911 Support
Miami, FL — InPhonex, a world leader in turn-key VoIP solutions announced the successful launch of planned upgrades to their network. The User Control Panel has been redesigned and includes…Read More
InPhonex Announces the Deployment of another Internet Connection
Miami, FL — InPhonex, The World’s Internet Phone Company today announced Internap as its third Internet backbone provider. All of InPhonex traffic will egress and ingress thru Internap with failover…Read More